County of Phelps

3 star(s) from 2 votes

Phelps County, Missouri, was established November 13, 1857. The county was named for the honorable John Smith Phelps, then prominent Missourian and U.S. Congressman, and later governor of Missouri from 1877-1881. The first county court convened on November 25, 1857 in the John Dillon cabin. The historic courthouse was begun in mid-summer of 1860, used as a union hospital during the Civil War and served as the courthouse until February, 1994, at which time all county offices were relocated in the new Phelps County Courthouse. The new courthouse was dedicated on May 22, 1994.

Contact Information

Featured Listings


RollaNet Directory
directory.rollanet.org


Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
You may find our Privacy Policy here. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners. RollaNet is not responsible for the goods or services provided by, or any claims made by, those in our Directory. Refer to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy for more details. Our thanks to the Rolla Chamber of Commerce for providing the content for some of our listings!